Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015.01.04 Nancy & Del (Smith)


This is my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Del. Nancy is my dad's sister and is one of eight children. She is the only one of her siblings that is still in North Dakota and I love that she is so close and we can see each other often (though probably not often enough). She and Del have been married for quite a while now. When I first met him, Nancy introduced him as Del Laschkewitsch.  The first thing that I asked him was how to spell his last name and his reply was S-M-I-T-H. We had a good laugh and he has been Del Smith to me ever since.
Nancy invited us down for supper on Sunday, so we spent the evening in Mandan. She made Jeff's favorite potato salad and Del made a delicious rhubarb dessert along with some brownies.  Del is an excellent cook and is always trying new recipes.  If I ever have a sweet tooth, then I know that I can stop in to their house and there will be something sweet available as well as some great company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment