Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015.01.01 Brand New Year

It's been a long time since I've done any blogging or photography, but I am going to try and commit to a 365 project again this year which should keep me busy. I will be realistic and know that I won't be able to keep up with it on a daily basis, but will do the best that I can to keep things updated,

Our year started off with a bang! We threw a New Year's Eve party for the kids and everyone had a blast. We started off the evening with the kids decorating the living room. They had a lot of fun putting up the streamers and balloons. All that decorating worked up an appetite, so the kids had pizza for supper and the adults had carbonara. It was yummy! After supper and a little clean up, we were joined by Kristy, Larry, Julie and their kids. We had a glow-in-the-dark dance party with a lot of dancing on the tables. We learned that all of the kids have really got some moves.

Minit-to-Winit games followed the dance party. It was a lot of fun watching the adults and kids alike try their hand at the games. One thing about those types of games is that age doesn't mean a thing.

We ended the evening watching the ball drop, spraying silly string,  and toasting each other with some sparkling apple cider (which none of the kids liked). A good time was definitely had by all.  On her way to bed Macy told me that the party was fun and "can we do it again, Grandma?" Mom and I stayed up to clean up a little bit. When I walked back in to the living room I had a little chuckle to myself and thought that it looked a lot like a movie set. As bad as it looked, I wouldn't change a thing though.





No comments:

Post a Comment