Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Sunday, March 27, 2011

085:365 Hiking


Gina invited me to go hiking with the hiking club from her church. We went on a 5.3 mile hike in the McDowell mountain range. It was a great time. We did run across two rattlesnakes on the trail. The first one we knew was there (some hikers headed back had warned us) so we were expecting that. The second one I heard rattle as I walked by the bush. Needless to say, I have inherited my mother's fear of snakes and I jumped and ran. Gina was behind me and stopped and slowly backed up (just like you're supposed to do). She and a few others behind her saw that snake and took a few photos. Me, I never actually saw the snake and there was no way that I was going to go back and take any photos. I also ran by the spot on the way back down the mountain, but I believe that the snake was gone by that time.


Other than the snakes, this was an absolutely beautiful hike. I am definitely going to try a few more trails before we leave here.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great picture! Oh and I totally would have screamed and ran, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tan. You look soooo pretty! I bet hiking is super fun. Make sure to get in a few more hikes before you leave.

    Oh ya, and we should have Shelly take us hiking in her hills when you get back.

    ReplyDelete