Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

011:365 Brittle Star


We have landed in Fort Myers Beach, FL. This is a great little beach community that I can't wait to walk around and get photos. I debated about which photo I wanted to post today. I had a few that I really liked, but I went with this one because as many times as I have been to the beach, I have never seen one of these little critters. The body on this thing is about the size of a quarter and it was right at the edge of the water where I was walking. I can't wait to take my macro lens out and get photos of all the sea life.

See Brandy's blog here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool little creature. You should buy an ID book. Was it still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was alive. I googled it and it is a brittle star. I need to find some way to identify all of the little creatures that we find.

    ReplyDelete