Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Thursday, June 4, 2015

2015.04.07 Train Trip & Speakeasy

Time to leave Philadelphia and head to Washington, DC. There is still a lot that I would like to see in Philly, but it's time to move on. Suzanne dropped us off at the train station in the early afternoon. This was our first train trip, so it was an experience for us. Once we figured out when and where we were supposed to be to board the train, Jeff and I went and got a bite to eat. The train station was just as I had imagined it would be, with the tall ceilings and the columns everywhere. Boarding the train was an experience. Most of the seats were taken, so Jeff and I could not sit together. He found a seat right away and I headed up to the next car to find a seat. I was schlepping my luggage with me and asked someone if a seat was taken, when the conductor came to me and let me know rather rudely that I was in the "quiet car". Other than that it was a pretty uneventful trip. 

Jerry met us in Washington, DC and helped us to navigate the subway system and get to his house. Once we had things settled, we went out to dinner, but first we stopped at a speakeasy for a drink. It was an official speakeasy with a black door and very dark inside. The bartender made special drinks for all of us, That was a fun experience. 

Dinner that night was at Policy. It is a small plate restaurant, where we each ordered something different and were able to taste all of the food. I really enjoyed that and would like to try it again some time. I'm not sure why, but I did not take any photos. That is so unlike me.






No comments:

Post a Comment