Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

2015.04.03 New York (Day 2)

Day #2 in New York made me absolutely fall in love with the city. The weather was not very cooperative and was rather gloomy, but we didn't let it stop us and had a blast anyway.We started out in the morning at the 9-11 Memorial site. What a sobering and emotional place that was. I love what they have done there to honor the victims, and the museum was very educational and interesting. I did not take any photos inside, but I did snap a few outside.

After the memorial, we headed uptown on the subway to see the Empire State Building. We purchased tickets to go all the way to the top, but I think if I were to go again, I would just stop at the observation deck on the 86th floor. That was pretty cool to be up that high and the inside of the building was absolutely gorgeous.

From the Empire State Building, we headed to Times Square and went to the Irish Pub where Ty Duma works. We had lunch there and got to visit with Ty. It's been many years since I've seen him, so it was great to do some catching up. We didn't get to meet his wife though, so will have to meet her another time.

Our next stop was to Central Park. Here we hired a driver and took a tour on a bike. I highly recommend this tour. The driver told us a lot of interesting facts about the area that we would otherwise not have known. Truthfully, I can't even say that I remember anything right now, but I know that he sure made it more fun and I would love to head back to Central Park when the weather is nice and explore some more.

When we left Central Park, we headed back to Radio City Music Hall, as we had purchased tickets for the show later in the evening. Before the show, we had a little bit of time to kill, so we explored Rockefeller Center a little bit and picked up a quick bite to eat. It's fun to see all of these places that we see on TV every day. 

Next, we had tickets to see The Rockettes in the New York City Spring Spectacular. What a phenomenal show! It was so entertaining and enjoyable. I would highly recommend seeing it if you ever get a chance.

We had a full day and we were all beat by the time we got back to the room, but I loved every minute and can't wait to go again some time.

One World Trade Center

Reflections

9-11 Memorial 
9-11 Memorial

9-11 Memorial

9-11 Memorial

Had to get a photo of this for my Macy!


Empire State Building

Central Park

Central Park

Rockefeller Center

Jeff and Sue at Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Center

Empire State Building

Empire State Building

Empire State Building
Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park
Rockefeller Center


Rockefeller Center





No comments:

Post a Comment