Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Monday, February 14, 2011

I-75 traffic


We left Fort Myers Beach this morning and were planning on staying somewhere on the Florida panhandle this evening. Somewhere just a little south of Gainesville, traffic came to a complete stop on the interstate. Bumper to bumper stop and go. We never went more than three mph. It was very frustrating, but I turned on the radio and heard that there had been an accident and we would need to exit at exit 174. We went quite a while before I saw that we were only at 170.2, and we had already been on there for a little over an hour. I was trying to be patient, since there was nothing that I could do except thank the good lord that it wasn't us and we were OK. While on the interstate we passed a truck that was hauling an oversize pontoon boat. It was very recognizable. Well, needless to say, Jeff has the patience of a flea and it was very trying just to keep my patience with him. He finally "convinced" me to turn around at one of turn around in the middle of the highway. (Very illegal I might add.) I was not happy about this, but was getting more tired of his griping so I turned around. Well after a few heated words we were backtracking and on our way, at least not stuck in traffic any more. Jeff chided me about him being right and we laughed it off. About an hour later we caught up with the oversize pontoon boat. He actually made it through the traffic in less time than it took us to backtrack. Jeff's Valentine's gift today is me not telling him "I told you so". Sidenote: We talked to an officer before getting back on the highway and he said that traffic was backed up for 10 miles. Whew!! This photo was taken in my rearview mirror while we were stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment