Faith - Gratitude - Believe - Breathe - Strength - Harmony - Determination - Kindness - Appreciate - Refresh - Flexible

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

2015.04.01 Valley Forge, PA

We are hanging around Philadelphia today and decided to spend the day at Valley Forge and learn a little history. It was a pretty nice day, albeit a little on the cool side. I was not very good at history when I was in high school, but I have discovered that I am enjoying learning about American history as I get older. I can just not imagine the hardships that most of our ancestors had to endure when creating this country. It makes me appreciate everything all that much more.

The bell is the Justice Bell and I did ring it! Not sure if I was supposed to, but I did it anyway. It is an exact replica of the Liberty Bell and traveled around Pennsylvania between 1915 and 1920 in support of the women's suffrage movement. Of course I rang it!! =D

Covered Bridge.



Jeff and Suzanne outside the Officers' Quarters.

Robyn and Suzanne outside the Officers' Quarters.


Washington Memorial Chapel




Justice Bell



No comments:

Post a Comment